Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Mailbox Post Makeover


This past week I decided enough was enough!  My mailbox post is so ugly it just has to get a makeover.  I knew what I wanted to do, all I had to do was get in the car, buy some stuff and do it!  I went to the local car repair shop first, and asked if I could buy one of their used tires they had lying in a huge pile at the side of their shop ... The man said "I could have anyone I wanted at no charge".....and best of all they help me look through them & then even loaded it in my car for me!  I love small town America!  I headed to the local home improvement center, and bought some spray paint & some flowers before heading home to tackle the ugliest mailbox post in town.  

I unloaded my stuff & set about painting my tire and the mailbox post.  It takes a lot of soil to fill the tire so make sure you have some extra field dirt or cheap top soil to fill in before using your good soil on top.  I did not drill any drain holes in this tire, because the mailbox sits in full sun and the flowers will need all the water they can get when it gets warmer this Spring & Summer.  Once I had all the dirt in the tire, I planted my flowers & bulbs.  I will take photos as soon as the bulbs start to bloom.  

I am so excited about my mailbox post makeover!  Now all that is left is finding a new mailbox....
I am keeping my eyes peeled for something fun!  



**03/31/2013**
Flowers are coming in, and looking good!


2 comments:

  1. Pug Mailbox at www.themailboxranch.com/pug-dog-mailbox.shtml
    Boston Terrier Mailbox at www.themailboxranch.com/dog-mailboxes.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for the websites! Now I have to choose who goes on the mail box! lol, maybe I can buy both and switch them ever month! Fair is fair!! Those are great!

    ReplyDelete